When there is a rock in our path, we can stumble over it or use it as a stepping stone.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Additional signs of my dementia progressing


I used to start to prepare several months before a doctor's appointment by starting a word document that I could use to jot down notes as things occurred to me to discuss with the doctor.    I have an appointment with my PCP on Tuesday and am still at the "hmmm, I really need to do my notes for that appointment" stage ...     I will do them but just find myself less driven to be as thorough as I used to be on things like that.

I am most definitely not there yet, but I can see a day eventually arising when I will startle my doctor by walking in without any prepared notes.

I am guessing that the damage in my parietal lobe is increasing as I am finding myself walking into walls more often (and have the bruises to prove it).   It is not just because of losing my balance, although that is the reason sometimes.   A lot of times it is just simply a matter of misjudging the distance between myself and the wall and realizing (often painfully) that I was closer to it than I thought.


2 comments:

Michelle G. said...

Doreen, I have just stumbled upon your blog as I was searching for information about word substitution.

You have not posted anything for three years.

How are you? I have just "met" you today, but wish I could reach out and give you a huge hug!

Doreen Platt said...

Thank you, Michelle. I am still here, slowing down, but still here.

Thank you for your kind words. I will try to do an update at some point, but don't want to promise as to when it will occur.