When there is a rock in our path, we can stumble over it or use it as a stepping stone.

Monday, November 26, 2012

I like this perspective

from http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/wayne-dyers-cancer-journey-from-denial-to-love

"Dr. Dyer says that he never uses words like fight or attack or win when it comes to cancer because he believes that everything we fight weakens us and everything we support empowers us"

Dr. Wayne Dyer said that about his leukemia but I think that is a great attitude to take towards any disease including dementia!

I realize the popular view is that dementia is a terrible thing and that the right thing to do it to "fight" it but I have always disliked works like "fight" and "enemy," etc.    Dr. Dyer's words simply feel right to me.    I believe we should do all we can to support our body's optimal functioning and accept whatever happens as a venue for our spiritual growth instead of something to be upset about.

No comments: