When there is a rock in our path, we can stumble over it or use it as a stepping stone.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pat Robertson says divorcing spouse with dementia is fine

Rev. Katie at "Moving in with Dementia" has written an excellent response to Pat Robertson says divorcing spouse with dementia is fine because it is a kind of death (thus not really breaking the "to death do us part" marriage vow.

As I said in my comment on her post:

Thank you for this post. I saw his article too and was as appalled by it as you are. I had wanted to blog about it too but am not up to doing much blogging yet while my fractured wrist is still healing.

Since you did such a terrific post on it, I am just going to do a fast mini post to point folks to this blog post instead.

1 comment:

NewKidontheBlogg said...

I like Russell Moore's insights on Pat Robertson.

http://www.russellmoore.com/2011/09/15/christ-the-church-and-pat-robertson/

I also contrasted the Robert McQuillen tape on my blog with Pat Robertson. I plan to keep my vows to my husband who has Alzheimer's. He would for me.

Hope your hand is healig.