When there is a rock in our path, we can stumble over it or use it as a stepping stone.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Finding Laughter in unexpected Places

I have always loved the way Norman Cousins used laughter as a natural form of pain relief.    As my pain from various things is increasing, I am turning more to funny videos, etc. for regular doses of laughter.

As my balance problems have been increasing, I have been getting much more leery about going out for walks alone so have been getting most of my exercise instead from doing a lot of "swalking" (swim walking) in the pool instead.

Today I got a good belly laugh while out in the pool.    A bird started very clearly saying "uh uh."   That made me chuckle and I couldn't resist saying it back to the bird.   The bird replied to my "uh uh" with "ahhhh."   After a few times back and forth with exchanging alternating "uh uh"'s and "ahhhh"'s and "oh"'s with the bird, I sang "ting tang walla walla bing bang" in a "so there" tone of voice to the bird.     I cracked up when the bird when silent after that as if to tell me that he (or she) couldn't top that one.

No idea what type of bird it was but I loved the fact that I got to combine getting exercise, fresh air and a good healthy dose of laughter.





2 comments:

Kathy said...

ROFLOL!!
That metal picture made me smile :)

Stumblinn said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I got a good laugh out of it while it was happening and thinking about it still makes me smiles.