When there is a rock in our path, we can stumble over it or use it as a stepping stone.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Blogs that inspire

Yesterday, I wrote about the using the web as a form of virtual hobbies that require no physical possessions.     Another thing I use it for is inspiration.   I love to read blogs by others whose life is not ideal but whose approach to life (consciously or subconsciously) is

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

I am a DNR  because having already spent 2 1/2 years in a nursing home, I do not want to go through that again and certainly do not want to end my life in one.   Thus if something comes along that will end my life, I don't want anyone bringing me back so that I have to go through the end stages of dementia.      However, while I am am alive, I want my focus to be on my quality of life.

As Silverfox so perfectly put it, "  I remember what I remember. "   I am not going to beat myself up over what the disease has taken from me but will instead be grateful for what it has not (yet) taken.    As the Cancer Curmudgeon indicated in " Can your blog save your life? ," blogging can be a very healthy outlet for one with a terminal diagnosis.

I love to read inspiring blogs by others who instead of seeing themselves as a victim of their diseases acknowledge that while they cannot always control what happens to them, they can control how they respond  and strive to live the best life they can.    

Do you know of blogs like that?   Ones that personally inspire you?   Would you share them with me?    Thank you.

5 comments:

NewKidontheBlogg said...

Please visit my blog. Thanks.
Carol
http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/

Stumblinn said...

I love your 12 steps for caregivers. Has a lot of great "how to live" advice in it even for those who are not caretakers. Have started to dip into your blog (left you one comment) and will read back posts bit by bit.

Thank you.

NewKidontheBlogg said...

Thanks, Stumblinn. You are so sharp.

Karen said...

www.coffeeandchemo.com was written by a good friend of mine for over 20 years. She passed away from breast cancer last fall. I think you might enjoy it.

Stumblinn said...

Thank you, Karen. I will check it out.